CMC Primary Care Now Offering Telehealth Visits
As the outbreak of the novel coronavirus—now known as COVID-19—continues to spread throughout our communities, CMC is making it easier—and safer—to get care. For appointments that don’t require a physical examination, CMC Primary Care is now offering telehealth visits by either video or telephone—a doctor visit from the comfort of your home.
Telehealth (also called telemedicine) visits allow your primary care providers to monitor symptom progression, adjust medications and modify treatment plans all from the comfort of your home. Providers will consult with patients via voice and video in real time.
What types of appointments are
available for a telehealth visit?
Many of our CMC primary care providers are now available for a telehealth visit for the following appointment types:
- Acute care including, but not limited to:
- Cuts, scrapes and minor wounds
- Infections: Common cold, flu, sinus infections
- Insect or animal bites
- Minor eye infections or irritations
- Minor wounds
- Urinary tract infection (UTI), cystitis, painful urination
- Behavioral health
- Medicare Well Visits (not requiring a physical exam)
- Medication management
- On-going care for chronic disease management
- Review screening, lab or test results
- Establish care for new patients (not requiring a physical exam)
If you already have an appointment for one of the reasons above, you will receive a call from a patient service representative to determine if a telehealth visit is feasible. Most insurance providers
have extended coverage to telehealth visits.
What technology do I need
for a telehealth visit?
Many laptops and tablets are already equipped with everything you’ll need for your telehealth visit. To ensure a successful telehealth visit, you’ll need:
- A private computer, laptop tablet or smartphone with webcam/video accessibility and speakers
- Computer, laptop or tablet users: you will need a secure internet connection using either Google Chrome (preferred) or Firefox web browser
- Smartphone users: you will need to download the FollowMyHealth® app
- A CMC FollowMyHealth® patient portal account
- A well-lit, quite environment, free of interruptions
- To log-in ten minutes prior to your appointment to make sure you can connect, test your settings, and review your personal information
How do I make a telehealth appointment?
Call your primary care provider
, or if you are a new patient please call our Primary Care Access Line: 603.314.4750
. Your provider will be available to discuss the benefits, risks and alternatives further at the start of your visit.
In the event of a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1.