A note about billing
Thank you for the privilege of caring for you. Catholic Medical Center has been in the process of transitioning to new medical records and billing systems.
As a result, there has been a delay in sending out patient statements.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we build a better patient experience at CMC. If you have questions, please contact us at 603.663.6922
Cost estimates for medical procedures are complex, but the staff at CMC is committed to helping you through the process. You can obtain essential information on cost estimates for procedures and services by calling: 603.665.4959 and leaving a message with the following information:
-Requested information details
-We will strive to return your call within 24 hours (note: messages are checked Monday–Friday during regular business hours).
If you prefer to email us for an estimate, please include the following information to email@example.com and we will call you within two business days.
1. Your name
2. Best telephone number to reach you
3. Date of your procedure
4. CPT code(s) (provided by your doctor)
5. Brief description of services being performed (example: knee replacement, colonoscopy, therapy visit)
If you want more information to help with your own research, please see our Price Transparency information.
At the time of registration we will need a copy of your insurance identification card. As part of our standard process, you will be asked to assign benefits from the insurance company directly to the hospital.
Catholic Medical Center accepts Medicare, Medicare Private Fee for Service Plans, Medicaid, AARP and most private health insurance plans. Insurance coverage can vary depending on the carrier, so we recommend you familiarize yourself with your coverage and ask questions before treatment. If you are under-or-uninsured, please click here for information on financial assistance.
Our Patient Accounting Department is available to answer billing questions and can be reached at:
Mon–Fri: 8 AM–4 PM tel: 603.663.6922
If You Are a Member of an HMO or PPO
195 McGregor Street, Suite 308 (3rd floor)
Insurance plans may have special requirements, such as a second surgical opinion or pre-certification for certain tests or procedures. As a patient it is your responsibility to make sure the plan's requirements have been met. If a plan’s requirements are not followed, you may be financially responsible for all or part of the services rendered in the hospital. Some physician specialists may not participate in certain healthcare plans and their services may not be covered.
If You Are Covered by Medicare or Medicaid
For Medicare patients, please provide your Medicare card to verify eligibility so we may assist in processing your claim. You should be aware that the Medicare program specifically excludes payment for certain items and services, such as cosmetic surgery, some oral surgery procedures, personal comfort items, hearing evaluations and others. Deductibles and co-payments are your responsibility, because Medicare requires that we pass these costs to patients.
Granite Advantage (NH’s Medicaid program) now has community engagement and work requirements. Find out what qualifies as community engagement and how to apply for an exemption at nheasy.nh.gov
For Medicaid patients, please provide your Medicaid card. Medicaid has payment limitations on a number of services and items, so please be aware prior to treatment.
If You Have No Insurance
If you do not have medical insurance, a member of our Patient Financial Services Team will discuss financial arrangements with you. Please call 603.663.6922
to discuss options available to you.
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) has many new options for people who either pay too much for health insurance or do not have health insurance coverage. Information on the Health Insurance Marketplace is available by:
- Calling the Marketplace Enrollment Call Center: 1.800.318.2586
- Visiting healthcare.gov
Your Hospital Bill
Your bill reflects all of the services ordered by your physician and received during your stay. Charges fall into two categories:
- A basic daily rate, which includes your room, meals, nursing care, housekeeping, telephone and television
- Charges for special services which include items your physician orders for you, such as x-rays or laboratory tests.
- If you have certain tests or treatments while in the hospital, you may receive separate bills for services provided to you by your attending physicians, radiologists, pathologists, anesthesiologists, ER physicians, cardiologists and other specialists. These bills are for professional services rendered by these doctors in diagnosing and interpreting test results while you were a patient.
Actions in the Event of Non-Payment
The collection actions CMC may take if a financial assistance application and/or payment are not received are described in the Billing & Collection Policy
. The collection actions CMC may take if a financial assistance application and/or payment are not received are described in the Billing & Collection Policy. CMC will make certain efforts to provide patients with assistance.
If you have questions about these bills, please call the number printed on the statement you receive from them. CMC's Patient Financial representatives are available to help you with any billing questions you may have and can be reached Mon–Fri, 8 AM–4:30 PM by calling: 603.663.6922