Cancer Care Close to Home
At CMC, we understand how frightening it can be if you or someone you love has cancer. The treatment of cancer, a complex group of diseases, requires consultation among many healthcare professionals. CMC, as a Commission on Cancer (CoC) accredited hospital, uses a multidisplinary approach, bringing together a wide array of surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, and other cancer specialists to create a patient-centered plan of care unique to each individual. The resulting partnership of multiple professionals results in improved patient care and healthcare outcomes.
We provide all the support you may need, including:
- Medical and surgical interventions
- Infusion therapy
- Pain management
- Wellness programs
- Support groups
- Hospice care
Leading Edge Cancer Diagnostic Services
The earlier your cancer is detected, the better. Our state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services at CMC allow our physicians and surgeons to get the information they need to get you the care you need. We are a Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, using Low Dose Computer Tomography to help detect lung cancer early, when it’s most treatable.
Should you require surgery, we have some of the most experienced surgeons in the area. We are the first hospital in the region to use the daVinci® Surgical System (robotic surgery), which has been used to successfully treat a variety of cancers.
Robotic surgery has been used to successfully treat a variety of cancer and can:
- Improve surgical outcomes
- Reduce blood loss
- Help reduce pain after surgery
- Improve healing time
CMC is pleased to offer a number of innovative minimally invasive, effective treatments for cancer that reduce pain and suffering while offering hope. Our Radiology Department’s interventional oncology program features several cutting edge procedures. The following procedures represent a minimally invasive approach to cancer treatment, thus reducing pain and suffering while offering hope:
- Yittrium-90 for treatment of liver tumors
- Microwave ablation
Extensive Support Services
To help you heal, the following support services are offered in the same convenient location:
- Care managers
- On-site clinical laboratory services
- Social workers
- Personal exercise program for you to maintain your strength through and beyond your journey with cancer
- Access to programs and services that offer health assessment, education, follow-up, referrals and resources to help you access the health information and care you need
- Support for the body, mind and spirit through the BeWell Cancer Survivorship Program.