Visitor Hours Guidelines & Restrictions
We recognize that visitors, family and friends, play a significant role in our patient’s recovery process. Visitors are permitted to:
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- 24 hours a day with general visiting hours: 8 AM–8 PM
The Mom's Place and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit & Family Suites
- Visiting hours: 10 AM–8 PM
- Visiting hours: 10 AM–12 PM and 4–6 PM
Quiet time is encouraged throughout the hospital between 8 PM–8 AM AND from 1–3PM.
Quiet and rest is important for the health and healing of our patients and visitors are encouraged to respect this quiet time. During quiet time we ask that lights are dimmed, voices are kept down, cell phones placed on silent and the number of visitors kept to a minimum to ensure noise is reduced.
Non-COVID inpatients, including those in the ICU:
additional VISITATION info
- CMC permits visitation 24-hours a day but reserves the right to restrict visitation if necessary to maintain a safe and healing environment.
- Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Visitors should wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gown, gloves. eye protection and N95 or KN95. When needed, consult the Infection Prevention Department for appropriate PPE for children. Nursing should assist the visitor(s) with putting on and removing PPE. Have the visitors perform hand hygiene prior to putting on PPE and after removing PPE.
- Virtual visits are also offered and scheduled with nursing team.
Mom’s Place & Special Care Nursery:
People with disabilities
- Two visitors are allowed to accompany a patient in the waiting room and in the Emergency Department after being screened. Challenging social visitor situations can be reviewed at the direction of the director/supervisor in charge after being screened.
- Visitors must fill out a visitor information slip.
- If treatment areas are at capacity, visitors may be asked to wait in their vehicles until visitation time permits.
Surgical and Procedural Patients
- Are covered under the ADA or Section 504 have the right to bring a support person with them to the hospital or practice per the Office for Civil Rights of the US Department of Health & Human Services.
- Patients arriving through the ED prior to 5:30 AM for scheduled surgery will go directly to the Lobby on level A.
for your understanding and helping us keep everyone safe.