For nearly 50 years, Catholic Medical Center (CMC) has proudly served our communities with a commitment to delivering the highest quality and most advanced healthcare. Now, we are looking smartly to the future to best position ourselves in today’s ever-changing healthcare marketplace.
We are pleased to announce that CMC has signed a non-binding letter of intent to explore a potential partnership with HCA Healthcare. The two organizations will begin exclusive discussions as they evaluate a potential agreement where CMC would join HCA Healthcare. Our proposed partnership includes HCA’s commitment to continue operating CMC’s facilities in a manner consistent with our mission to care carry out Christ’s healing ministry.
Together CMC and HCA Healthcare intend to:
- Maintain CMC’s Catholic identity and provide care in accordance with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs),
- Create a non-profit foundation to carry on CMC’s commitment to serve the needs of our community for generations to come,
- Preserve and enhance access to high-quality patient care and meet the growing demand for healthcare services in New Hampshire,
- Continue a legacy of providing charity care to improve health equity in New Hampshire,
- Provide CMC access to HCA Healthcare capabilities, scale and resources focused on delivering high-quality patient care,
- Support CMC’s existing workforce with job training, education opportunities and industry leading technology,
- Enhance the immediate and long-term financial viability of CMC.
What This Means for Patients
The long-term health and wellbeing of our communities remains our top priority and the driving factor in our decision to partner with HCA Healthcare. Our proposed partnership would enable Catholic Medical Center to expand access to high-quality care for individuals and families and help us meet the growing demand for healthcare services in New Hampshire.
As of today, nothing changes in the day-to-day operations of CMC or how CMC patients will receive their care. The excellent healthcare patients receive will continue, and CMC will remain focused on delivering on its mission and its commitment to providing exceptional care to all those it serves today and in the future.
We are committed to keeping you informed as the process moves forward, and will provide any developments on this page.
CMC to Begin Exclusive Negotiation with HCA Healthcare to Explore Potential Partnership (9/27/2023)