Are you looking for a new career in healthcare?
Do you want to go back to school and earn a salary and benefits while you learn?
Becoming a LNA is a great place to start your medical career and we'll support you all the way! CMC in partnership with ApprenticeshipNH is now actively recruiting for our LNA Apprenticeship Program.
- You will become a full time CMC employee from day one, earning a salary and benefits while attending college
- CMC pays for 100% tuition of the licensed nursing assistant (LNA) course through Manchester Community College
- Once you obtain your NH LNA license, you will be placed seamlessly into one of our current full-time LNA open positions
- Application deadline: Please check back for 2023 dates
- Classroom/work start date: TBD
Making Impossible Possible
Ashley knew the path she wanted to take, she just wasn’t sure how she would get there. Thankfully, CMC’s Apprenticeship Program helped her map the way. Read her story>
About the program:
Program consists of:
Catholic Medical Center, in partnership with the Community College System of New Hampshire and ApprenticeshipNH, has developed a registered licensed nursing assistant apprenticeship program.
As a LNA trainee you will be paid 40 hours per week plus benefits from the start of the program. CMC will also pay your tuition. You will make a two-year employment commitment to Catholic Medical Center. This opportunity is for both current CMC employees and external candidates.
- A six-week program of 120 hours of online and classroom instruction at Manchester Community College, 24 hours of hands-on lab experiences, and 60 hours of clinical practicum within CMC’s inpatient departments.
- Preparation and eligibility to obtain a New Hampshire Nursing Assistant License to practice as a licensed nursing assistant in the state.
- Placement into a full time open LNA position in one of the inpatient nursing departments once licensure has been issued (*availability of open positions at the time of completion of program will vary).
- Completion of 2,000 hours of on the job training experience with a mentor
- A progressive pay wage as milestones are met throughout the program
- At completion of the 2,000 hours of on the job training, the employee will receive a National Occupational Credential through the Department of Labor
Application and Interview Requirements:
- Ability to attend and travel to class, lab and practicum assignments Monday–Friday eight hours/day from 7 AM–4:30 PM at Manchester Community College for the first five weeks.
- Maintain a 95% classroom attendance rate, and 100% clinical attendance rate.
- Ability to complete homework and meet class deadlines as assigned during the classroom portion of the program.
- Ability to pay for any program related supplies and textbooks that may be required. This includes cost of licensure and cost of the background check for the Board of Nursing. Some additional grant funding is available if an applicant applies and qualifies for scholarship dollars through the Community College System of New Hampshire that could cover some of the additional expenses of the program. Applying for additional grant funding is optional and not guaranteed.
- Initial online application is required, and must include a personal essay (maximum 500 words) in response to the prompt “I want to be an LNA because…”
- Successful passing of a written English test overseen by Manchester Community College (will be administered while onsite at CMC during scheduled in-person interview)
SNAPSHOT OF A TYPICAL DAY
Licensed nursing assistants, LNAs, care for patients in hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. They work under the guidance of registered nurses and other medical workers. Duties can include:
- Helping patients perform basic tasks like feeding, dressing and maintaining good hygiene
- Monitoring patients' vital signs, including blood pressure and temperature
- Changing bedsheets and cleaning patient rooms.
- Communicate with patients
- Record symptoms and health statuses
- Stock supplies
Feel free to contact Human Resources with questions at 603.663.6793