Supportive Lactation Services
Breastfeeding is an important health decision for mothers and babies. Our lactation support staff is available to assist you with your decision to breastfeed. A lactation consultant can offer assistance, support and education during your stay with us. You may also seek support from our lactation office when you are home with your baby. Our goal is for all women to feel supported in feeding their baby, no matter what path it takes.
Our program includes:
- Lactation consultants and counselors
- RNs who are trained in lactation
- FREE prenatal breastfeeding classes and counseling
- Breastfeeding assessment, assistance, and education during your stay
- Outpatient visits for weight checks and support for breastfeeding difficulties
- Follow up phone calls and a lactation line for questions
- Breast pump rentals
- Mom’s group for new moms
Breastfeeding can be difficult at times, especially early on. But remember you are not alone. Our lactation consultants can help you find ways to make breastfeeding work for you and your baby.
Lactation support is available either over the-phone or in-person by scheduling an appointment.
Lactation Program Hours: Mon–Fri 8 AM–4 PM
For more information about the Lactation Program:
If you choose to bottle feed or are unable to breastfeed, we provide formula for your baby during your stay at CMC. Our staff offers support, assistance and education about formula feeding and preparation.