Urology is a specialty that covers conditions of the male and female urinary-tract system (including the bladder, ureter, kidney, and urethra) and the male reproductive organs. The urinary and reproductive tracts are closely linked, and disorders of one often affect the other.
Urology surgeons at CMC perform a wide range of procedures, using minimally invasive approaches whenever possible.
Some of these procedures include:
- Bladder and kidney stone ablation
- Bladder suspension
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy
- Ileal loop
- Laser ablation for bladder tumors
- Node dissection
- Prostate biopsy
- Prostate laser surgery
- Retrograde and stent placement
- Robotic cystectomy (bladder cancer surgery)
- Robotic nephrectomy
- Transurethral resection of prostate