Essential Vascular Disease Treatment
Vascular disease can affect the arteries and veins throughout your body and can reduce your life expectancy by causing a heart attack, stroke, ruptured blood vessels, blood clots or kidney failure. A multidisciplinary team of highly trained physicians, nurses and vascular technicians at the Vascular Institute at Catholic Medical Center provides state-of-the-art surgical, interventional and diagnostic services to patients with vascular disease.
If left untreated, vascular disease can lead to leg amputation, renal failure, or stroke. People with vascular disease have six times greater risk for experiencing symptoms of heart disease. Therefore, it is important to diagnose vascular conditions early and accurately because they can lead to progressive discomfort, major organ failure, long-term disability and even sudden death.
Common Vascular Disorders
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Carotid artery blockage
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Kidney artery blockage
Highly Experienced Vascular Specialists
The vascular disease specialists at the Vascular Institute at Catholic Medical Center are professionals from Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates, the New England Heart Institute, Southern NH Radiology Consultants and The Surgical Care Group, PC. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Interventional radiologists and interventional cardiologists who perform catheter-based procedures to reduce blockages that cause vascular disorders
- Vascular surgeons who are specially trained to operate on arteries and veins
- Cardiothoracic surgeons who treat blockages in coronary thoracic and other major arteries
They work collaboratively at the Vascular Institute to provide you with an unparalleled level of care in the treatment of vascular disease.
For more information on vascular disease services at CMC, call 603.626.2626.