Support Groups Weight Loss Support and Guidance
The Obesity Treatment Center Support Groups meet monthly and are designed for pre-operative and post-operative patients who have had or are going to have gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, and adjustable gastric banding surgery. Some of the support group sessions include:
Monthly Support Group Meetings
- Postoperative patients who discuss post-operative experiences and concerns
- Behavioral health specialists who focus on behavioral approaches to weight control
- Exercise physiologists who discuss the importance of exercise and demonstrate exercise tactics
- Protein taste tasting: sample some of the high protein supplements needed for post-operative recovery
- Plastic surgeon who discusses procedures available following significant weight loss
The Obesity Treatment Center’s Pre-operative Support Group meets the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. at Catholic Medical Center.
The Post-Operative Support Group is held at The Obesity Treatment Center, 195 McGregor Street, Suite 312 on the last Wednesday of every month:
For more information on Obesity Treatment Center Support Groups,
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. for patients who are less than a year out from their surgery date
- 6:30-7:15 p.m. for patients who are more than a year out from their surgery date
call (603) 663-7377.