This patient-centered specialty focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain and stress of their illness – whatever the diagnosis – to help them live better. Palliative care goes along with curative treatment, ensuring care for the whole patient, not just the condition. It is appropriate for patients of any age and stage of a serious illness.
Conditions & Expertise
A palliative care referral may be right for you if you:
- Have to make a difficult decision about your health care
- Have been hospitalized more than two times in six months
- Are having difficulty with a symptom
- Need help understanding an illness
- Have been in the ICU for over one week