The Optimization Clinic at CMC provides a chance for the surgical team to get to know you better and for you to learn about what to expect before and after your procedure.
Before your surgery:
- Your visit to our Optimization Clinic helps ensure you’re as healthy as possible before your procedure.
- A nurse practitioner will go over important documents with you.
- You’ll review lifestyle and medication changes to make prior to surgery, along with pain management options for afterwards.
- You may have lab work or testing done.
- Information will be shared with your care team to reduce the risk of complications and optimize your recovery.
- Information collected at your Optimization Clinic appointment helps reduce delays on the day of your surgery.
- You have greater comfort and confidence, having many questions and concerns addressed.
After your surgery:
- You may experience a shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery.
Your Optimization Clinic Appointment
Your appointment will be at the Pre-Admission Testing office in CMC’s Medical Office Building. Important documents to bring with you include:
- Copy of living will/durable power of attorney paperwork
- Copy of guardian designation
- Current list of medications with dosage amounts
- Current list of specialists you see
- List of all allergies and reactions
- Copy of or actual pacemaker/internal cardiac defibrillator (ICD) device information card
Parking and Accesibility Info
for CMC patients and visitors is available Mon-Fri, from 8 AM–5 PM. This free service is available at the following locations:
- At the hospital’s main entrance off McGregor Street and on the third level of the Notre Dame parking garage—look for the valet parking signs.
- Drive in and meet a uniformed parking representative.
- At the end of your visit, hand the valet your valet stub to have your vehicle retrieved.