Community Education and WellnessFostering Community Health and Wellness
Members of the community have access to CMC-sponsored health and wellness education programs that promote the optimum health and well-being of people of all ages.
For more information about CMC’s community health and wellness programs, call (603) 626-2626 or visit our calendar for current class dates and times.
- In serving these health and wellness needs of the community we seek to:
- Support improved health and wellness by providing education based on the latest research and information on a variety of health-related topics.
- Promote an active lifestyle within the community by providing a variety of classes featuring safe, enjoyable and effective activities. Studies show that participating in these activities improves health and can reduce the risk of chronic illness, control weight and decrease stress.
- Provide a variety of health screenings that promote early detection and intervention, resulting in better health outcomes.
- Offer programs that address lifestyle modifications, such as diet and exercise, communicating with your physician, managing medications, setting goals and making plans for the future while dealing with a chronic disease.
- Increase awareness in the community on the importance of making choices that positively impact health. Even small adjustments in everyday habits can directly relate to improvements in health and wellness.