Are you looking for a new career in healthcare?
Do you want to go back to school and earn a salary and benefits while you learn?
Becoming a Patient Service Representative (PSR) is a great place to start your medical career and we'll support you all the way! CMC in partnership with ApprenticeshipNH is now actively recruiting for our PSR Apprenticeship Program.
- You will become a full time CMC employee from day one, earning a wage and benefits while attending college
- CMC pays for 100% tuition of the patient service representative course through Manchester Community College
- Once you obtain your certification, license, you will be placed seamlessly into one of our current full-time PSR open positions
About the program:
Catholic Medical Center, in partnership with the Community College System of New Hampshire and ApprenticeshipNH, has developed a registered patient service representative apprenticeship program.
As a PSR trainee you will be paid 40 hours per week plus benefits from the start of the program. CMC will also pay your tuition. You will make a two-year employment commitment to Catholic Medical Center. This opportunity is for both current CMC employees and external candidates.
Program consists of:
- A six-week program of 160 hours of online and classroom instruction at Manchester Community College, and 120 hours of WorkReadyNH and Practicum hours within CMC’s patient care teams.
- Placement into a full time open PSR position in one of the open PSR roles (availability of open positions at the time of completion of program will vary).
- A progressive pay wage as milestones are met throughout the program
- At completion of the 2,000 hours of on the job training, the employee will have the option to test for and receive a National Occupational Credential for PSR’s through the Department of Labor
Application and Interview Requirements:
- Ability to attend and travel to class, lab and practicum assignments Monday–Friday eight hours/day from 8 AM–4:30 PM at Manchester Community College for the first seven weeks.
- Maintain a 95% classroom attendance rate, and 100% clinical attendance rate.
- Ability to complete homework and meet class deadlines as assigned during the classroom portion of the program.
- Ability to pay for any program related supplies and textbooks that may be required. Some additional grant funding is available if an applicant applies and qualifies for scholarship dollars through the Community College System of New Hampshire that could cover some of the additional expenses of the program. Applying for additional grant funding is optional and not guaranteed.
- Initial online application is required, and must include a personal essay (maximum 500 words) in response to the prompt “I want to be an PSR because…”
SNAPSHOT OF A TYPICAL DAY
Patient Service Representatives, support patients in hospitals and in medical practices. Duties can include:
- Processing daily charge tickets for incoming patients and processing the provider’s daily schedule
- Greeting and register patients, notifying medical staff of arrival
- Interacting with patients to respond to concerns and challenges; working with the Office Coordinator or Practice Manager to resolve them
- Assisting in the implementation of systems to support patient registration; making recommendations to increase efficiency of patient care
- Supporting patients with discharge from the office including medical coding, payments and charges for services
- Scheduling referral appointments for patients with specialists
Feel free to contact Human Resources with questions at 603.663.6793