Are you looking for a new career in healthcare?
Do you want to go back to school and
earn a salary and benefits while you learn?
Becoming a Medical Assistant is a great place to start your medical career and we'll support you all the way! CMC in partnership with ApprenticeshipNH is now actively recruiting for our MA Apprenticeship Program.
- You will become a full time CMC employee from day one, earning a wage and benefits while attending college
- You will also receive 60% of your tuition paid by CMC. All students of this program are eligible for additional grant funding toward tuition. Students will make a two year employment commitment to Catholic Medical Center.
- The course will full prepare you to be eligible to sit for the National Health career Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination
- After course completion you will be placed seamlessly into one of our current full-time MA open positions
- Application deadline: TBA
- Interview dates: TBA
- Classroom/work start date: TBA
- Click here to review the job posting
About the program:
Program consists of:
Catholic Medical Center in partnership with the Community College System of New Hampshire has developed a medical assistant apprenticeship program. The Medical Assistant Trainee will receive 40 hours/week of base pay and eligible benefits from the start of the program, as well as receive 60% of their tuition paid by CMC. Students of this program are eligible for additional grant funding toward tuition. Students will make a two year employment commitment to Catholic Medical Center.
- A twelve-week Medical Assistant Certificate program of 320 hours of classroom instruction at Manchester Community College, hands-on lab experiences and a 160-hour practicum within CMC’s Primary Care or specialty medical office practices
- Preparation and eligibility to sit for the National Health career Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national examination
- Placement into a full time open Medical Assistant position in either a CMC Primary Care or specialty care medical office. (*availability of open positions at the time of completion of program will vary)
- Completion of 3,600 hours of on the job training experience in CMC primary care and specialty practices with a mentor
- A progressive pay wage as milestones are met throughout the program
- At completion of the 3,600 hours of on the job training, the employee will receive a National Occupational Credential through the Department of Labor
Application and Interview Requirements:
- Ability to attend class Monday–Friday eight hours/day at Manchester Community College for eight weeks
- Ability to complete homework and meet class deadlines as assigned during the classroom portion of the program
- Ability to attend practicum Monday–Friday eight hours/day at assigned CMC primary care or specialty medical office practices for four weeks
- Ability to pay for remaining tuition balance and supplies/textbooks
- Initial online application is required, and must include a personal essay (maximum 500 words) in response to the prompt “I want to be an MA because…”
- Participate in an in-person interview hosted at CMC with panel of practice manager
SNAPSHOT OF A TYPICAL DAY
Medical Assistants work as a team with the provider to ensure patients needs are met. Medical Assistants will perform varying duties depending on the specialty of the practice. Some of them include;
- Preparing a patients chart by preloading any outside medical record information into their chart
- Recording vital signs
- Administering immunizations
- Communicating patients needs and concerns to the provider
- Performing point of care testing and EKG as ordered
- Preparing and assist with procedures
- Keeping exam rooms clean and stocked
- Other administrative tasks such as prepare prescription renewals for providers signature and clinical tracking
Feel free to contact Human Resources with questions at: