Important Information About Birthing
at The Mom’s Place
Due to the pandemic it has been necessary for us to make changes to policies to keep our patients and staff safe. Please note that these new guidelines are subject to change if necessary.
- We kindly ask all pregnant patients coming in to give birth at CMC and their support person wear a mask when entering the building, while staff members are present in your room, and when you are walking in the hallways.
- COVID-19 Testing: All patients entering The Mom’s Place will be tested for COVID-19.
- We will not be testing your support person because we are not directly caring for them.
- Pregnant patients who test negative for COVID will be permitted to use nitrous oxide as a pain management option, if they choose.
- One support person is allowed to accompany you during labor/birth.
- A doula is allowed for labor support and two hours after delivery in addition to the support person. The doula must present with their certification and proof of COVID vaccination.
- After you have recovered from birth, typically two hours postpartum, you are allowed to have two adult visitors during visiting hours (in addition to your primary support person). These two visitors are allowed to visit every day during your stay. They will receive special wrist bands to wear when they visit you. They will be the only two visitors allowed during your stay.
- Visiting hours are 10 AM–12 PM and 4–6 PM.
- At this time any visitors must be 16 years or older to visit in the hospital. Siblings under 16 years are not permitted at this time.
- All visitors/support people will be screened upon entering the hospital. If a support person/visitor has a fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, loss of smell or taste, headache, vomiting and diarrhea or was recently exposed to a person who tested positive for COVID-19 they will not be permitted onto The Mom’s Place.
- Please enter the hospital through the main entrance. If you are arriving between 9 PM–5:30 AM please enter through the Emergency Department.
- Free valet parking is available weekdays at the main entrance.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you and your care team will decide if your baby should stay in your room with you at The Mom’s Place (depending on the severity of your symptoms). To protect the baby it is important to ensure the mother wears a mask, keeps the infant six feet away when not feeding/caring for them, and practices good hand hygiene.
For additional information regarding COVID-19 and pregnancy and breastfeeding please visit the CDC's site: If You Are Pregnant, Breastfeeding, or Caring for Young Children