your path to recovery starts here
When you’re recovering from a traumatic injury or serious illness, you want the best care possible. Acute rehabilitation services are available for patients recovering on all hospital units. The therapists on these units help determine what the next step in your healthcare journey may be whether it is home, rehab or outpatient services.
Patients requiring a stay at an inpatient rehab often need three hours per day of therapy and are not yet ready to return home. Our Rehabilitation Medicine Unit (RMU) provides you with constant care to help rebuild your strength, coordination, and independence after a major medical event. Services can include a combination of intensive therapies such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, and/or speech therapy, using the latest techniques and technologies.
Trained to provide expert care for patients who have experienced some of the most complicated medical events, including:
- Brain injury
- Cardiac disease and surgery
- Complex medical problems
- Neuromuscular disorders (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, etc.)
- Orthopedic injury and surgery
- Spinal cord injury
- Basic home-like amenities like laundry are worked into your therapy plan.
- Your room features a television and bathroom with a common lounge area on the unit for hosting family and friends.
- The average length of stay is 14 days, depending on your personal goals andneeds.
- In addition to exercise rooms to build strength and increase mobility, we offer simulated kitchen, laundry, bathroom and bedroom setups where your body relearns the motions required for everyday tasks.
Catholic Medical Center’s RMU holds the unique status of being the first inpatient rehabilitation unit in New Hampshire. Since the RMU is located within a comprehensive regional medical center, you can be assured that you will receive expert medical attention and access to specialty services 24-hours per day, in addition to superb rehabilitative care.
Our certification by The Joint Commission for healthcare ensures your care meets the national standards.