Breathe easy with cmc's pulmonary rehabilitation program
Short of breath?
If you have difficulty breathing while performing daily tasks due to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or another chronic pulmonary disease, CMC's Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program can help!
You will be provided resources to better manage your chronic illness, including:
- Build and be able to use your own respiratory 'tool box'
- Learn how to use a personalized action plan
- Be educated on proper medication delivery and compliance
- Receive information from multidisciplinary experts for healthier living and symptom management
why pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Chronic breathing problems can turn routine, simple tasks into a struggle. Pulmonary rehabilitation focuses on building strength and endurance. CMC’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation team will work with you, setting realistic goals for performing everyday tasks and activities with less impairment.
You'll meet and learn from others who are facing similar challenges in a safe, comfortable environment.
What to expect
Both a respiratory therapist and an exercise physiologist help you manage chronic pulmonary conditions through education and individualized exercise plans. The Program’s Medical Director is a board-certified pulmonologist who oversees the implementation of your care plan and progress through the program.
CMC’s eight+ week Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program consists of:
- Two, 1-hour, medically-monitored, small group exercise sessions per week
- Classroom education for self management of pulmonary conditions
- Topics include: disease and stress management, symptom control, proper medication use, optimal nutrition, energy conservation strategies and palliative care.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation education videos
These patient education videos are designed to assist you with your pulmonary care. Click the links below to watch the videos:
For more information, contact CMC's Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at: