you can make a difference
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CMC. Volunteers are an important part of Catholic Medical Center, adding a valued dimension to patient care. CMC has more than 175 caring, dedicated volunteers helping improve the quality of health care in our community, and we’re very grateful for everything they do!
Our volunteers are caring individuals of all ages and backgrounds, from students to retirees and everything in between. Chances are, we have just the right assignment for you, whether you have a lot of time to share, or just a little. We currently have volunteer opportunities available in a variety of departments and programs, throughout CMC including:
- Breast Care Center
- New England Heart & Vascular Institute
- Cardiovascular Wellness
- Parish Nursing
- Pastoral Care
- Employee Health
- Patient/Family Liaisons
- Pet Therapy
- Gift Shop
- Skybridge Wayfinder
- Information Desk
- Sleep Center
- Information Technology
- Special Care Nursery
- Special Events/Activities
CMC volunteers experience a variety of benefits
- Complimentary meal ticket to use in the hospital’s cafeteria on your scheduled volunteer day
- Free parking and shuttle service to the main entrance
- Access to health education lectures on contemporary issues and personal health
- Free membership to CMC’s Life Center exercise room
- Recognition events
- Personal growth, and more!
Volunteer program mission
The spirit and tradition of volunteering are those of giving of yourself to help others. Our volunteers are individuals committed to those traditions and who demonstrate that commitment through participation in the provision of health care in our community. Our volunteer resources reflect the highest standards of quality and excellence and continually respond to meet the needs of the community.
Volunteers contribute with pride to the success of the organization by making a difference in the lives of those we help each day. We:
- respect diversity and strive to foster an environment that nurtures creativity and innovation
- value the talents, skills and potential each volunteer brings and
- believe in taking an active role in promoting a healthier community through volunteerism
(procedure mask, KN95, N95 permitted) are required by all volunteers, in all patient care areas, common areas in the hospital and non-clinical areas including training rooms and conference rooms. Cloth masks not permitted.
All volunteers are required
to provide documentation of:
- COVID-19 vaccine—completed the initial doses—two for the mRNA Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines and one for the Johnson & Johnson. (Note: as of 2/7/22 boosters are not required).
- Annual influenza vaccine
- Medical and religious vaccine exemptions may be considered
Our Volunteer Services Department can help get you started, making sure your assignment is appropriate and fulfilling for both your needs and the needs of CMC. All volunteers must be accepted and enrolled by the Volunteer Services Department prior to taking on any volunteer duties.
If you are interested in joining our team of volunteers use the these links to learn more and to submit your application, or please call with any questions: Pam Caetano, Manager Volunteer Services & Community Engagment: 603.314.4758