Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CMC. Our volunteers are central to our mission of providing health, healing and hope to all those we serve. Our Volunteer Resources Department works hard to make volunteering easy, screening prospective volunteers, matching skillset and assignment opportunities, and making sure volunteers are achieving a sense of fulfillment. We ensure all volunteers are compliant with legal, safety, infection control, and Joint Commission requirements.
If you are interested in volunteering, please call CMC's Volunteer Resources Department at 603.663.6010 or follow the steps below:
- Application & References—Complete our Volunteer Application and submit two reference forms to Catholic Medical Center Volunteer Resources Department.
- Interview—Once we have received and accepted your references, we will contact you to schedule an interview with the Volunteer Resources Director. The interview will cover your interests and preferences, and give you a chance to share your ideas and learn about potential assignments. An additional interview with your potential supervisor may be offered to acquaint you with the opportunity.
- Criminal Record Check—The Volunteer Department performs a criminal record check on every new volunteer. Therefore, at the time of your interview the Volunteer Department will provide you with the form to complete and will notarize and mail in into the New Hampshire State Police at no expense to you.
- Health Screening—Just like other CMC staff, volunteers follow guidelines for safety and infection control. Our Employee Health Department will assist with necessary paperwork, Tuberculosis tests, and other general evaluations. This is scheduled at your convenience and at no expense to you.
- Orientation—We want volunteers to become part of the CMC family as quickly as possible. Our orientation process provides the basics of volunteering, what to wear, where to park, where to sign in and out, as well as important information about policies and traditions. It’s fun!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CMC. We look forward to working with you.
VolunTEENS: Teen Volunteers
VolunTEENS are high school students between the ages of 14 and 17 who wish to serve in a hospital setting and gain exposure to healthcare careers. This opportunity offers students positive learning experiences while they provide much needed volunteer service. CMC accepts student applications throughout the entire year; however, available assignments are limited and students must be able to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students must be able to contribute a minimum of eight hours of service per month throughout the year. Students may give more hours if/when it fits into their schedule and doesn’t interfere with their school work or other obligations.
- Students must make a minimum commitment of six consecutive months of service, preferably longer. Our hope would be that students would continue volunteering at CMC throughout their entire high school years.
- Eligible students must be between the ages of 14-17 years old, have completed middle school, and be enrolled in, or about to begin, high school.
Qualified teens may contact the Volunteer Resources Department at 603.663.6010 to request an application packet by mail or may print and complete the Teen Volunteer Application at the bottom of this page and mail it to the Volunteer Resources Department. Please also print the two recommendation forms, a Parental Consent Form and, if under age 16, a Youth Employment Certificate request form. Follow the instructions for the completion of these forms and return them to us by mail or by fax at 603.663.2019.
Teen enrollment requirements:
Note to students and parents:
please consider these enrollment requirements carefully when making your decision about whether or not to apply for a volunteer assignment. The application process entails a considerable number of enrollment steps in order to meet hospital regulations & guidelines. These steps will include:
- Students must complete and submit a teen volunteer application form, a parental consent form, and two written recommendation forms, all of which we will provide.
- The Volunteer Resources Department will then call the student to schedule an appointment with the Director of Volunteer Resources to discuss available volunteer assignments and the time commitment or schedule required by those assignments.
- Students referred to an appropriate position will schedule additional appointments with the supervisors in the departments that he/she is interested in volunteering for to learn more about the volunteer duties in each area, see the department, and ask questions. This will also give the supervisor a chance to determine if the student is qualified & appropriate for that department. The department supervisor, not the Director of Volunteer Resources, makes the final decision to accept the student volunteer. Further information about completing this step is discussed at your appointment with the Director of Volunteer Resources.
- Students under age 16, must submit a Youth Employment Certificate. The Volunteer Resources Department will provide you with a YEC application form and instructions after you have been accepted for an available assignment.
- All volunteers, including students, are required to have two tuberculosis (TB) tests done in our Employee Health Services Department and to complete a medical information questionnaire. TB test appointments are scheduled two weeks in a row and are free of charge. Volunteer Resources will provide you with instructions for scheduling these appointments.
- You will be required to complete the hospital’s "Teen Volunteer Orientation" take home packet and to watch the accompanying DVD. This orientation includes several forms and a brief quiz that must be signed and returned to the Volunteer Services Department.
After these steps are completed, students will recieve a volunteer ID Badge, volunteer jacket and sign in/out instructions and may set a starting date and training schedule with their department supervisor.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing this experience with you. CMC is very proud of our wonderful teen volunteers and the commitment and enthusiasm they bring!