Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CMC. Our volunteers are central to our mission of providing health, healing and hope to all those we serve. Our Volunteer Services staff are committed to connecting with potential volunteers, matching skillset and assignment opportunities, and making sure volunteers are achieving a sense of fulfillment. We ensure all volunteers are compliant with legal, safety, infection control and Joint Commission requirements.
If you are interested in volunteering, please call CMC's Volunteer Services Department at 603.314.4758 or follow the steps below:
- Application & References—Complete our Volunteer Application and submit two reference forms to Catholic Medical Center Volunteer Services Department.
- Interview—Once we have received and accepted your references, we will contact you to schedule an interview with the Manager of Volunteer Services. The interview will cover your interests and preferences, and give you a chance to share your ideas and learn about potential assignments. An additional interview with your potential supervisor may be offered to acquaint you with the opportunity.
- Criminal Record Check—A New Hampshire Criminal Record Release is required for every new volunteer. At the time of your interview the Volunteer Department will provide you with the form to complete and we will notarize and mail the form to the New Hampshire State Police, at no expense to you.
- Health Screening—Just as other CMC staff, volunteers follow guidelines for safety and infection control. Our Employee Health Department will assist with necessary paperwork, Tuberculosis tests and other general evaluations. This is scheduled at your convenience and at no expense to you.
- Orientation—All volunteers are required to complete volunteer orientation, the orientation will provide you with the knowledge of hospital policies, parking, volunteer dress code, as well as other pertinent information.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at CMC. We look forward to working with you.
Teen Volunteers are high school students between the ages of 15-18 who wish to serve in a hospital setting and gain exposure to healthcare careers. This opportunity offers students positive learning experiences while they provide much needed volunteer service. CMC accepts student applications throughout the entire year; however, available assignments are limited and students must be able to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students must be able to contribute a minimum of eight hours of service per month throughout the year. Students may give more hours if/when it fits into their schedule and doesn’t interfere with their school work or other obligations.
- Students must make a minimum commitment of six consecutive months of service, preferably longer. Our hope would be that students would continue volunteering at CMC throughout their entire high school years.
- Eligible students must be between the ages of 15-18 years old, have completed middle school, and be enrolled in, or about to begin, high school.
Qualified teens may apply by completing this online application:
Or contact the Volunteer Services Department at 603.314.4758
to request an application packet by mail.
Teen enrollment requirements:
Note to students and parents:
please consider these enrollment requirements carefully when making your decision about whether or not to apply for a volunteer assignment. The application process entails a number of enrollment steps in order to meet hospital regulations & guidelines. These steps will include:
- Students must complete and submit a teen volunteer application form and a parental consent form.
- The Volunteer Services staff will then call the student to schedule an appointment with the Manager of Volunteer Services to discuss available volunteer assignments and the time commitment for the assignments.
- Students under the age of 16 that are accepted into the program will be required to submit a Youth Employment Certificate, information will be provided prior to volunteer orientation.
- All volunteers, including students, are required to meet with Employee Health for the Medical Screening and Tuberculosis test, you will be required to provide documentation of your immunization record at your appointment. Volunteer Services will provide you with instructions for scheduling your appointment.
- All volunteers are required to complete volunteer orientation, the orientation will provide you with the knowledge of hospital policies, parking, volunteer dress code, as well as other pertinent information.
After these steps are completed, students will receive a volunteer ID badge, volunteer jacket and sign in/out instructions and may set a starting date and training schedule with their department supervisor.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing this experience with you. CMC is very proud of our wonderful teen volunteers and the commitment and enthusiasm they bring!