Increased capacity for heart care
The New England Heart & Vascular Institute (NEHVI) is a nationally-recognized leader in advanced cardiovascular services—and is growing. NEHVI performed 603 open heart surgeries in 2018 and more than 68,000 non-invasive cardiac procedures. Our program has been first in the state, region, or even country to offer innovative treatments for cardiovascular conditions, and participates in many clinical trials in partnership with the nation’s leading medical device companies.
With a greater number of treatment options than ever before, and an increasingly aging population in New Hampshire, the demand for NEHVI expertise and services is at an all time high.
The CMC expansion will allow NEHVI to build critical infrastructure to meet this demand, including:
- Two hybrid operating rooms and four standard operating rooms
- One additional cardiac catherization lab
- New, larger prep and recovery areas for catherization lab and electrophysiology lab
- One additional electrophysiology lab
- A new Sterile Processing space to handle the volume of instruments needed to support the new operating rooms